Douglas Area Federal Urban Systems Advisory Committee
This committee acts as an advisory committee to local city and county governments by evaluating the transportation needs of the urban area and compiling and prioritizing a list of potential improvement projects constrained by available federal and local matching funds.
The Urban Systems Advisory Committee consists of one City Council member, one County Commissioner, two City of Douglas employees, two Converse County employees, one at-large citizens appointed by the City Council, one at-large citizens appointed by County Commissioners, one WYDOT representative from the District, and one WYDOT representative from their Planning Department.
Officers include Chairman, Vice-chairman, and Recording Secretary. Current Officers and Board Members are:
- Chairman, Jim Willox Jr., Converse County Commissioner
- Vice-Chairman, Jim Barnes, WYDOT District Representative
- Recording Secretary, Holly Richardson, Converse County Special Projects
- Bruce Jones, Mayor, City of Douglas, Board Member
- John Harbarger, City of Douglas Public Works Director, Board Member
- Clara Chaffin, City of Douglas Community Development Director; Board Member
- Scott McWilliams, Converse County Road & Bridge Foreman, Board Member
- Calvin Twiford, Converse County Citizen, Board Member
- Kevin McCoy, WYDOT Planning Department Representative
- Vacancy, City of Douglas Citizen - Accepting applications now until filled
Members serve four-year terms and attend an annual meeting held each March, as well as other times as necessary.
Anyone interested in serving on this board/commission may complete a printable application and submit to the City Clerk. You may also call 307-358-3462 for an application or additional information. The City accepts applications at any time, even if positions are not available at that particular time. If a position were to become available due to an expired term or a resignation, you would be contacted. Application should be submitted to the City Clerk at 101 N. 4th Street, Douglas, Wyoming, or mailed to the City of Douglas, PO Box 1030, Douglas, WY 82633.