Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
To limit the spread of COVID-19, City of Douglas facilities will be operating under new restrictions. The City will continue to conduct business, but the City requests that visitors practice social distancing, wear face masks, and limit contact whenever possible. Customers can still drop payments and other documents in the drop boxes located in the vestibule at City Hall or on the drive up drop box on North side of the City Hall property. Please call the main City line at (307) 358-3462 for general questions, or, if you know what department you would like to speak to, call direct.
Administration: (307) 358-3462
Community Development Department: (307) 358-2132
Landfill: (307) 351-2186
Police Department: (307) 358-3311
Public Works: (307) 358-9750
The Converse County Website will be a landing place for alerts across the County. Please check frequently and sign up for alerts.
Per the Converse County Health Officer, Public Health Order 2020-4, all adults within Converse County are to wear face coverings in certain places open to the public, with exceptions.
- Signed Order (March 19, 2020)
- Supplement to the Order (March 20, 2020)
- March 8, 2021 - Governor Mark Gordon announced Wyoming will remove its statewide mask requirement and allow bars, restaurants, theaters and gyms to resume normal operations on March 16. The decision reflects the state’s continually improving health metrics and is consistent with the Governor’s approach of balancing public health with protecting livelihoods.
- Twenty-third Continuation of Statewide Order #1 (March 11, 2021) - orders take effect March 16, 2021 through March 31, 2021
- Twenty-third Continuation of Statewide Order #2 (March 11, 2021)
- Order #4 Removed (March 11, 2021)
- Summary of Twenty-third Continuations to Statewide Orders (March 11, 2021)
- Twenty-fifth Continuation of Statewide Order #1 (April 13, 2021)
- Twenty-fifth Continuation of Statewide Order #2 (April 13, 2021)
Basics to Staying Healthy
- Wash your hands often.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, keep your distance from other people.
- Practice good health habits (e.g. get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of water, eat nutritious food).