Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
To limit the spread of COVID-19, City of Douglas facilities will be operating under new restrictions. The City will continue to conduct business, but the City requests that visitors practice social distancing, wear face masks, and limit contact whenever possible. Customers can still drop payments and other documents in the drop boxes located in the vestibule at City Hall or on the drive up drop box on North side of the City Hall property. Please call the main City line at (307) 358-3462 for general questions, or, if you know what department you would like to speak to, call direct.
Administration: (307) 358-3462
Community Development Department: (307) 358-2132
Landfill: (307) 351-2186
Police Department: (307) 358-3311
Public Works: (307) 358-9750
The Converse County Website will be a landing place for alerts across the County. Please check frequently and sign up for alerts.
Per the Converse County Health Officer, Public Health Order 2020-4, all adults within Converse County are to wear face coverings in certain places open to the public, with exceptions.
- Signed Order (March 19, 2020)
- Supplement to the Order (March 20, 2020)
- Twentieth Continuation of Statewide Order #1 (January 21, 2021) - Beginning on January 26, indoor gatherings that incorporate social distancing and face coverings are permitted for up to 25 percent of capacity or 250 persons, and outdoor gatherings of up to 500 persons.
- Twentieth Continuation of Statewide Order #2 (January 21, 2021)
- Twentieth Continuation of Statewide Order #3 (January 21, 2021)
- Second Continuation of Statewide Face Covering Order #4 (January 21, 2021)
Basics to Staying Healthy
- Wash your hands often.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, keep your distance from other people.
- Practice good health habits (e.g. get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of water, eat nutritious food).