Seeking a person with administrative experience, at an executive or director level if possible, who has a human resources and/or project management background. Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred but not required. Economic and workforce development background is valuable. The initial contract will be a one-year, renewable contract reporting to the Enterprise Workforce Development Committee. This will be a professional services contract without benefits for the following work deliverables:
- Work with the Enterprise Workforce Development Committee to develop a strategic plan which outlines the major milestones of the project and includes key outcomes and timelines.
- Develop a budget for the project including seeking outside funding sources such as Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act funds, grants, and other state and federal funds. Budget should include how all assessments will be paid for.
- Attend the ACT Work Ready Communities Boot Camp in February 2020.
- Develop a communications plan and strategies to ensure the right information reaches key stakeholders. As part of the communications strategies, assist in the development of a website/webpage to be linked from the county, city, Converse County School District #1, and Enterprise. Set up and manage all social media. Ensure all relevant stakeholders (county, cities, Enterprise) are kept informed of major milestones of the project.
- Enlist and engage employers from the business community ensuring all required goals are met.
- Determine the site where tests will be given and where coordination for ACT coursework can take place. Serve as the RegiSTAR manager. Make certain the numbers of test takers meet the goals in all three required categories.
- Develop and deploy strategies for linking potential employers with employees who have skills or propensities employers are seeking.
- Assist employers/businesses in assessing their employment needs for hiring decisions.
- Ensure the initiative can launch on or before September 1, 2020 and be certified by September 1, 2022.
- Ensure the sustainability of the program by planning and coordinating how the ACT Work Ready Communities initiative can serve as the base of a comprehensive workforce development program in Converse County that encourages and supports economic development.
Skills needed to plan, initiate and manage the project include:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Personable and outgoing;
- Efficient work habits conducive to working independently;
- Independent problem-solving abilities;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- and financial planning.
More information can be found at https://www.workreadycommunities.org/.
Please apply to: Cindy Porter, Enterprise Executive Director, 130 S 3rd St, Douglas, WY 82633, (307) 358-2000, firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the following in the application packet:
- Cover letter
- Three references including most recent work supervisor
The position is open until filled. However, screening will begin immediately and a person may be contracted at any time. Initial contract amount will be $50,000 plus approved expenses.