Wyoming Pioneer Memorial Museum
Free, donations welcome.
|Other Link||Wyoming Pioneer Musuem|
- Gift Shop
- Historical Features
Located on the Wyoming State Fairgrounds in the middle of Douglas, The Pioneer Museum contains two floors of historic memorabilia from early settlers and Plains Indians.
Hours are subject to change. Contact the museum before arriving.
- Spring Hours: April and May, the museum is open Tuesday through Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, or by appointment.
- Summer Hours: June through August, the museum is open Monday through Saturday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, or by appointment.
- Fall Hours: September and October, the museum is open Tuesday through Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, or by appointment.
- Winter Hours: November through March, the museum is open on Fridays and Saturdays from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, or by appointment.
How to Get There
- Take I-25, exit 140 onto Yellowstone Highway;
- Go east past McDonald's Restaurant, and across the North Platte River. As you round the bend to the right, look for the statue of a man on a horse at the entrance to the Wyoming State Fairgrounds
- Turn right into the fairgrounds; the museum is on the left. A large statue of Pronghorn Antelope running is in front of the museum.