The Community Development Department provides an array of services intended to encourage and promote safe, quality development and construction in the City of Douglas. Primary functions include assisting citizens and developers in meeting the city's standards, codes, and regulations.
Our mission is to continuously improve the quality of life in the Douglas community.
We achieve our mission by:
- Learning from the past, living in the present, and looking to the future
- Continually researching best planning and zoning practices
- Fair and practical application of construction and municipal codes
- Treating our customers as we would like to be treated
- Looking for win / win resolutions
- Delivering customer service commensurate with resources
- Practicing the principles of honesty, integrity, fairness, equality, excellence, human dignity, and service
Any change in building plans submitted after the review process has begun or after a building permit has been issued will be assessed a plan review fee of 65% of the building permit fee per submittal.
The Community Development Department works hard to serve you as quickly as possible. Your cooperation will be appreciated in understanding there may be longer wait times for staff reviews depending on demand, and that a minimum of 24 hours notice for inspections may be necessary.
Thank you for your patience.