Adoption of 2018 and 2018 Codes
Ordinance 999 adopted the 2018 Editions of The International Building Code, The International Fuel Gas Code, The International Mechanical Code, The International Plumbing Code, The International Residential Code, The International Existing Building Code, The International Fire Code, as published by the International Code Council; The 2020 Edition of The National Electrical Code, as published by the National Fire Protection Association. Refer to Title 15 of the Douglas Municipal Code for amendments to these codes.
Comparison of Building Codes
- Key Changes in the 2018 International Codes
- Key Changes to the 2015 International Codes - IBC
- Key Changes to the 2015 International Codes - IRC
Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria
Buildings, dwellings, townhouses, structures, and portions thereof, including patio covers and accessory buildings, shall be designed and constructed in accordance with the following climatic and geographic design criteria:
- Ground and Roof Snow Load = 30 pounds per square foot plus snow drifting.
- Basic Design Wind Speed for Risk Category I = 105 miles per hour.
- Basic Design Wind Speed for Risk Category II = 110 miles per hour.
- Basic Design Wind Speed for Risk Category III = 115 miles per hour.
- Basic Design Wind Speed for Risk Category IV = 120 miles per hour.
- Ultimate Design Wind Speed for one and two family dwellings = 115 miles per hour.
- Wind Exposure Category = C.
- Seismic Design Category for one and two family dwellings = B.
- Weathering = Severe.
- Frost Line Depth = 42 inches, minimum to bottom of footings.
- Termite Protection = Slight to Moderate.
- Heating Design Temperature = -13°F.
- Heating Degree Days = 7,343.
- Cooling Degree Days = 2,082.
- Cooling Design Temperature = 89°F, dry bulb.
- Cooling Design Temperature = 58°F, wet bulb.
- Mean Annual Temperature = 45.5°F.
- Air-Freezing Index = 2,000°F-days.
- Flood Hazard = FIRM Community Number 560013 1394 D.
- Annual Precipitation = 14 inches.
- Rainfall Intensity = 2 inches per hour.
- Hail Exposure = Slight.
- Climate Zone/Moisture Designation = 6B.
- Longitude = 105°23’.
- Latitude = 42°46’.
- Elevation above Sea Level = 4,815 feet.