Meetings are held when needed.
- Consists of five members and one alternate, all appointed by City Council, and all qualified by experience and training in matters pertaining to building construction (cannot be employees of the City of Douglas)
- The building official shall be an ex-officio member but will not be able to vote on any matter before the board
- Please contact the Community Development Department at 307-358-2132 or by email for more information regarding upcoming openings, or complete the printable application.
About the Board of Appeals
- The purpose of the Board of Appeals is to hear and decide appeals of orders, decisions, or determinations made by the building official relative to the application and interpretation of the adopted building codes
- All decisions and findings are submitted in writing to the appellant with a duplicate copy to the building official