Planning & Zoning Commission
- 5:30 p.m.
- Third Monday of each month
- City Council Chambers
101 N. 4th St.
P.O. Box 1030
Douglas, WY 82633
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Becky Renstrom
- Carol Johnston
- Robin Velasquez
- Jay Hancock (chairman)
- Blake Palmer (vice chairman)
Comprised of five members, all residents of the City of Douglas, all appointed by City Council, for three-year terms. Planning and Zoning Commission members also serve concurrent terms on the Board of Adjustments.
- The Planning and Zoning Commission:
- Acts as an advisory board for the City Council
- Assists in the development of the city’s master community development plan within the City of Douglas
- Reviews annexations, subdivisions, site / development plans, zoning, and conditional use permits for the city.
The Douglas Planning Commission serves to,
- Promote health, safety, and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants;
- Promote the general public interest in and public understanding of community planning; encourage public participation in all aspects of community development;
- Develop a master plan for the physical development of the city;
- Review all petitions for rezoning, proposed annexation plats, subdivision plats, and site plans;
- Make recommendations to the governing body and other agencies on these matters based on adherence to the adopted master plan.
The City accepts applications at any time, even if positions are not available at that particular time. If a position were to become available due to an expired term or a resignation, you would be contacted.
Application should be submitted to the Community Development Department at 101 N. 4th Street, Douglas, Wyoming, or mailed to the City of Douglas, PO Box 1030, Douglas, WY 82633.